Skip to content
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Skilled Camp Hill Fathers’ Rights Relocation Lawyer Handling the Impact of a Custodial Parent Moving out of State

Protecting fathers’ custody rights in Harrisburg, PA

Life never stands still. Even though your divorce and custody agreements may have long been settled, a new job, remarriage or a personal opportunity in a new state could change everything. Whatever the reason, if you or your former spouse wants to relocate with your child, a legal battle is likely in store. Working closely with a Harrisburg fathers’ rights relocation attorney can make all the difference to the outcome of your situation. The Guy’s Attorney has more than 20 years of experience helping men in Cumberland County, Dauphin County and Perry County successfully negotiate relocation matters.

Offering the help you need for your relocation hearing

In Pennsylvania, a relocation hearing may be required to determine whether a parent will be permitted to relocate with a minor child. And, according to updated state law, relocation is not limited to a move out of state or even between counties in PA. It applies to any change in residence that significantly impairs the ability of the non-relocating parent to exercise custodial rights.

Whether you are seeking permission to move or fighting to prevent a parental relocation, sound legal counsel from a knowledgeable Pennsylvania relocation lawyer is critical. The Guy’s Attorney clearly outlines the process and explains the factors than can impact the court’s decision, including:

  • The child’s relationship with both parents
  • Reasons for the proposed relocation
  • Reasons one parent may have for trying to prevent the relocation
  • The impact of relocation on the child’s well-being and quality of life
  • Any hardship the non-relocating parent may face in continuing custody and visitation after the move

The Guy’s Attorney, an established South Central PA divorce attorney, is always on your side through every facet of divorce and custody, no matter when complications arise.

Handling your case without delay

To begin the process, the parent seeking relocation must provide timely notice to the other. The timeframe is extremely specific — the notice must be provided to the non-relocating parent no later than the 60th day before the date of the relocation. And once the notice is received, you have only 30 days to file your objection. This may not give you much time, depending on your situation. And with a complex, time-consuming process like this, mistakes can lead to a dramatic bad result for your family.

The Guy’s Attorney, dedicated to protecting fathers’ rights in Cumberland, Dauphin and Perry County, PA, understands how vital it is to handle relocation matters efficiently and effectively. You need someone who knows how to deal with your case and get it resolved before it’s too late. I attend to your case without delay and am at the ready to respond to emergency situations with immediate action.

Get fast response from an experienced Camp Hill fathers’ rights relocation attorney serving Harrisburg, PA

If your custody arrangements are being threatened by parental relocation, I can help. I’m glad to put my experience to use in seeing you through the confusing and often intimidating process of divorce and child custody. Call The Guy’s Attorney, John F. King, at 717-412-0244 or contact The Guy’s Attorney online. My office is conveniently located on the Carlisle Pike, just 10 minutes’ drive from Harrisburg.

  • Our Office Location

    4076 Market Street
    Camp Hill, PA 17011
    717.412.0244 Phone
    717.695.2207 Fax

    Get Directions

  • The Guy's Guide

    Get The Facts That Could
    Make or Break Your Case

    The Guy's Guide to Divorce (& Custody)

    Do you feel like the system is working against you?

    Then get your FREE copy of The Guy’s Guide to Divorce (& Custody)

    You’ll discover how the system really works, and what you need to do right now to protect your rights.

    Get your copy NOW. . .

    *We respect your privacy. Confidentiality is assured.
    **If you would like us to contact you, you MUST check the box to request so. Otherwise, we will NOT contact you.

  • Frequently Asked Questions

    Can I gain sole custody of my child?

    In every custody case The Guy’s Attorney has ever been involved in, a parent has not been awarded sole legal custody unless the …

    Read MOre