Defending Fathers’ Rights In


Matters & Custody Issues

Skilled Central PA Fathers’ Rights Relocation Lawyer Handling the Impact of a Custodial Parent Moving Out of State

Protecting fathers’ custody rights throughout the greater Harrisburg, PA region

Life never stands still. Even though your divorce and custody agreements may have long been settled, a new job, remarriage or a personal opportunity in a new state could change everything. Whatever the reason, if you or your former spouse wants to relocate with your child, a legal battle is likely in store. Working closely with a Harrisburg fathers’ rights relocation attorney can make all the difference to the outcome of your situation. The Guy’s Attorney has more than 25 years of experience helping men in Cumberland County, Dauphin County and Perry County successfully negotiate relocation matters.

Offering the help you need for your relocation hearing

In Pennsylvania, a relocation hearing may be required to determine whether a parent will be permitted to relocate with a minor child. And, according to updated state law, relocation is not limited to a move out of state or even between counties in PA. It applies to any change in residence that significantly impairs the ability of the non-relocating parent to exercise custodial rights.

Whether you are seeking permission to move, or you are fighting to prevent a parental relocation, sound legal counsel from a knowledgeable Pennsylvania relocation lawyer is critical. The Guy’s Attorney clearly outlines the process and explains the factors than can impact the court’s decision, including:

  • The child’s relationship with both parents
  • Reasons for the proposed relocation
  • Reasons one parent may have for trying to prevent the relocation
  • The impact of relocation on the child’s well-being and quality of life
  • Any hardship the non-relocating parent may face in continuing custody and visitation after the move

The Guy’s Attorney, established South Central PA divorce attorneys, are always on your side through every facet of divorce and custody, no matter when complications may arise.

Handling your case without delay

To begin the process, the parent seeking relocation must provide timely notice to the other. The time-frame is extremely specific — the notice must be provided to the non-relocating parent no later than the 60th day before the date of the relocation. And once the notice is received, you have only 30 days to file your objection. This may not give you much time, depending on your situation. And with a complex, time-consuming process like this, mistakes can lead to a dramatic bad result for your family.

The Guy’s Attorney, dedicated to protecting fathers’ rights in Cumberland, Dauphin and Perry Counties, understand how vital it is to handle relocation matters efficiently and effectively. You need someone who knows how to deal with your case and get it resolved before it’s too late. We attend to your case without delay and we are at the ready to respond to emergency situations with immediate action.

Get fast response from one of our experienced Carlisle or Camp Hill fathers’ rights relocation attorneys serving the Harrisburg, PA area

If your custody arrangements are being threatened by parental relocation, we can help. We’re happy to put our experience to use in seeing you through the confusing and often intimidating process of divorce and child custody. Call The Guy’s Attorney at 717-412-0244 or message us. Our offices are conveniently located in Camp Hill (just 10 minutes from Harrisburg) and Carlisle, PA.

Schedule Your Consultation Now

Let’s discuss your situation here in our office, or virtually if you prefer. The consultation fee is nominal*, and there is absolutely no obligation.

Call 717-412-0244
Send a Message

*Our consultation fee is $100 for individuals who have not had legal action initiated in their case. If legal action has been initiated, a consultation fee of $250 will apply.